WASHINGTON, Sept. 1, 2020 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — Women-fueled travel company, Wild Terrains, announced today its newest destination for 2021: Argentina. Wild Terrains has partnered with talented women across Argentina to build a special travel experience designed for women craving community. Like all Wild Terrains trips, this itinerary supports women hoteliers, chefs, artists, designers, historians, and more.
«I’ve had my heart set on Argentina as a Wild Terrains destination since living there years ago.» said Wild Terrains founder Lauren Bates. «Argentina has a nuanced history of powerful women – like Eva Perón – at its helm, but it’s the newest generation of Argentine women who are shaping the country’s cultural landscape. I can’t wait to show our travelers this side of Argentina.»
Some highlights on the Wild Terrains Argentina itinerary include:
- Staying at stylish, women-owned boutique hotels, like Patricia O’Shea’s HOME Hotel in Buenos Aires and Cecile Adam‘ Entre Cielos in Mendoza
- Wine tasting at a private vineyard with renowned sommelier and winemaker Mariana Onofri
- A puerta cerrada curated by one of Argentina’s top female chefs, Mica Najmanovich of Anafe
- A sensory hike through a Patagonian forest led by FRASSAI Fragrances’ Natalia Outeda, followed by a perfume blending workshop
- Designing your own leather handbag with Clara Bartolome of leather goods brand Nimes
- A private tour of Bodega Lagarde and dinner with winery owner Sofia Pescarmona
- A feminist historical tour in Buenos Aires centered on Eva Peron’s life, led by a female journalist
- Horseback riding at women-run ranch Los Chulengos in the middle of the Andes mountains
- A fireside dinner in a Patagonian forest prepared by chef Julieta Caruso of Casa Cavia
- Visiting the home and studio of Uruguayan artist Ivonne Jacob
- A spa day at Entre Cielos’ famous hammam
Argentina is the third destination offered by Wild Terrains, which already operates in Mexico and Portugal. While the travel industry has been severely impacted by COVID-19, many of Wild Terrains’ 2021 group trips to Portugal and Mexico City are already sold out.
Bates says «The world may look different now, but community has never been more important. We’ve been really flexible with our booking terms to give our travelers peace of mind, and we’re taking COVID-19 travel precautions very seriously.» Wild Terrains was granted the Safe Travels stamp by the World Travel & Tourism Council earlier this year.
Bates adds, «We’re also seeing a lot of new bookings for 2021 from travelers who just need something to look forward to. We’re hopeful that travel will find a new normal early next year.»
Wild Terrains has three Argentina group trips scheduled for 2021: April 9-18, 2021 (Mendoza/Buenos Aires/Patagonia), October 14-20, 2021 (Buenos Aires/Patagonia) and October 21-27, 2021 (Buenos Aires/Mendoza). Rates for these first departures start at USD$3,890 per person (double occupancy) and USD$4,490 per person (private room). Group size is capped at 12 travelers per trip. Pricing includes accommodations, all activities, most meals, transportation to and from activities, and gratuities for drivers and guides. Airfare to and from Argentina, visa fees and travel insurance are not included.
About Wild Terrains
Wild Terrains is a travel company on a mission to cultivate meaningful relationships that propel women forward. Wild Terrains specializes in small group tours for women of all ages and all life stages. They’ve cultivated relationships with women-owned businesses around the world to create one-of-a-kind travel experiences by women, for women. Wild Terrains curates group trips in Mexico, Portugal, and Argentina, with more destinations to follow.
SOURCE Wild Terrains LLC